Hammer-wielding thieves rob Cartier store in midday Manhattan heist
NEW YORK Jan 30 (Reuters) - Five masked men smashed a glass case in a posh New York City jewelry store on Thursday, grabbing 17 watches in a daring robbery in broad daylight, police said.
The five men walked into the Cartier store on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan at about 12:30 p.m. EST (1730 GMT), carrying hammers, police said.
Police did not say how much the stolen watches were worth but city newspapers said the timepieces are valued at more than $700,000.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program