Zambia central bank leaves benchmark interest rate unchanged at 9.75 percent
LUSAKA Jan 31 (Reuters) - Zambia's central bank on Friday left its benchmark lending rate unchanged at 9.75 percent for the eighth straight month, saying it expected its relatively tight policy stance to have a moderating impact on inflation.
"The committee anticipates that inflationary pressures will continue to emanate from relatively high prices of selected food items due to the seasonal low supply," the Bank of Zambia added in a statement. (Reporting by Chris Mfula; Writing by Stella Mapenzauswa; Editing by Xola Potelwa)
- U.S. military strike in Somalia targeted al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Florida-bound Delta flight diverted over reclining seat dispute