Anadarko reports wide Q4 loss of $770 mln on provisions
HOUSTON Feb 3 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a wide quarterly loss of $770 million, or $1.53 a diluted share, on hefty provisions and despite record sales volumes.
After-tax charges of $1.15 billion included $576 million related to the ongoing Tronox case and $402 million for divestitures.
Profit in the fourth quarter a year ago was $203 million, or 40 cents per diluted share.
Sales volumes of natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs) in 2013 totaled a record 285 million barrels of oil equivalent (BOE), or an average of 781,000 BOE per day, a rise of 7 percent on the year.
But in the fourth quarter sales of oil and gas slipped to $3.34 billion from $3.41 billion the year ago period on softer prices.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source