Bank backstops "are enough" for ECB checks - Constancio
FRANKFURT Feb 3 (Reuters) - The backstops in place to deal with euro zone banks that fail a European Central Bank health check of the sector are sufficient, ECB Vice-President Vitor Constancio said on Monday.
"The backstops are there, (they) are enough," Constancio told reporters at a news conference to give an update on the ECB's plan to check that top euro zone banks have the risks on their balance sheets under control.
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape