ECB's Constancio says bank health tests good for recovery
FRANKFURT Feb 3 (Reuters) - Economic recovery in the euro zone should gain speed due to the European Central Bank's bank health checks, ECB Vice-President Vitor Constancio said on Monday.
"We believe very much that recovery in 2015 will benefit from this exercise," Constancio told reporters at a news conference.
The ECB takes up responsibility for supervising euro zone banks from November. (Reporting by Jonathan Gould, writing by Sakari Suoninen)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad