Nippon Paint to issue $1 bln in new shares to Wuthelam unit
TOKYO Feb 3 (Reuters) - Japan's Nippon Paint Co said on Monday it will issue 60 million new shares worth 102.3 billion yen ($1 billion) to Nipsea International, a wholly owned unit of unlisted Singaporean paint maker Wuthelam.
The proceeds will be used to repay loans taken out to purchase shares in various joint ventures in Asia owned by Nippon Paint and Wuthelam, the company said. ($1 = 101.9850 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama