Verbund will not inject more capital into Italy's Sorgenia
VIENNA/MILAN Feb 3 (Reuters) - Verbund will not put any more capital into Italian CIR's energy unit Sorgenia, a spokeswoman for the Austrian group said on Monday.
"We have no intention of injecting more capital," a Verbund spokeswoman told Reuters.
Sorgenia, 46 percent owned by Verbund, is trying to negotiate a freeze to June in its debt repayments as it battles a lack of growth and a debt pile of almost 1.8 billion euros ($2.4 billion). (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan and Stephen Jewkes; editing by Francesca Landini)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official