Turkish economy minister says does not see rate hikes long lasting
ANKARA Feb 3 (Reuters) - Turkish Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekci said on Monday he did not see a risk to the government's 4 percent end-year growth target and did not expect interest rate hikes which the central bank made last week to be long lasting.
Speaking to reporters after official data showed higher-than-expected January inflation, Zeybekci said he expected more positive developments on the inflation front from February. (Reporting by Orhan Coskun; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Dasha Afanasieva)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media