Yellen sworn in as first woman Fed chair
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Janet Yellen was sworn in Monday to a term as chair of the U.S. central bank, the Federal Reserve said in a statement.
Yellen succeeds Ben Bernanke to become the first woman to head the Fed. Her term as chair ends February 3, 2018.
The oath was administered by Governor Daniel Tarullo, the Fed said.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation