Yellen sworn in as first woman Fed chair
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Janet Yellen was sworn in Monday to a term as chair of the U.S. central bank, the Federal Reserve said in a statement.
Yellen succeeds Ben Bernanke to become the first woman to head the Fed. Her term as chair ends February 3, 2018.
The oath was administered by Governor Daniel Tarullo, the Fed said.
- Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 2-Body of Korean boy who raised ferry alarm believed found
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies
- Juicy Apple buoys shares, euro volatility sinks