Bernanke to join U.S. policy think tank Brookings
NEW YORK Feb 3 (Reuters) - Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will join the Brookings Institution, a Washington-based policy think tank, beginning on Monday, Brookings said.
Bernanke, who stepped down as head of the U.S. central bank on Friday after an eight-year tenure marked by financial crisis and policy experimentation in the face of the Great Recession, will join as a distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings' economic studies program.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |