Bernanke to join U.S. policy think tank Brookings
NEW YORK Feb 3 (Reuters) - Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will join the Brookings Institution, a Washington-based policy think tank, beginning on Monday, Brookings said.
Bernanke, who stepped down as head of the U.S. central bank on Friday after an eight-year tenure marked by financial crisis and policy experimentation in the face of the Great Recession, will join as a distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings' economic studies program.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling