Bernanke to join U.S. policy think tank Brookings
NEW YORK Feb 3 (Reuters) - Former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will join the Brookings Institution, a Washington-based policy think tank, beginning on Monday, Brookings said.
Bernanke, who stepped down as head of the U.S. central bank on Friday after an eight-year tenure marked by financial crisis and policy experimentation in the face of the Great Recession, will join as a distinguished fellow in residence at Brookings' economic studies program.
- Gaza bloodshed deepens, airlines shun Israel |
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory