CORRECTED-Vestas sees 2014 sales of more than 6 billion euros
(Corrects forecasts in 2nd paragraph, removes "better-than-forecast" from headline)
COPENHAGEN Feb 3 (Reuters) - Danish wind turbine producer Vestas Wind Systems said it expected revenue of at least 6 billion euros ($8 billion) in 2014 and an operating margin before special items of at least 5 percent.
Analysts polled ahead of the report on average expected revenue of 6.57 billion euros in 2014 and an operating profit before special items of 377 million euros.
In the fourth quarter revenue fell by 6 percent compared with the same quarter last year, to 2.361 billion euros. Despite the lower revenue, operating profit (EBIT) before special items rose 85 million euros to 240 million euros. (Reporting by Teis Jensen and Ole Mikkelsen; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl