Agco profit jumps as demand from Europe rises
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Farm machinery maker Agco Corp reported a 36 percent increase in quarterly profit as strong sales in Europe offset weakness in South America.
The maker of tractors, harvesters and other agricultural equipment said net income attributable to the company and its units rose to $139.3 million, or $1.40 per share, in the fourth quarter, from $102.5 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 6 percent to $2.86 billion.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand