Eaton sales up 28 pct on higher demand for electrical products
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Diversified manufacturer Eaton Corp's fourth-quarter revenue rose 28 percent, helped by higher demand for electrical products and systems.
Sales rose to $5.53 billion in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $4.33 billion a year earlier.
The company, whose products range from truck transmissions to aircraft fuel systems, said net income rose to $479 million, or $1.00 per share, from $179 million, or 46 cents per share.
Eaton's year-earlier quarter included costs related to the acquisition of Cooper Industries.
Eaton reported operating earnings per share of $1.08.
Sales in its electrical products business jumped 57 percent to $1.8 billion.
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours