Emerson Electric profit rises 2 pct
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported a 2 percent rise in first-quarter profit as demand in Europe remained stagnant.
The diversified U.S. manufacturer of industrial controls, power supplies and home-storage equipment said earnings rose to $462 million, or 65 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $454 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 1 percent to $5.61 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor