UPDATE 1-Emerson Electric's revenue beats estimates
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported higher-than-expected first-quarter revenue, helped by robust demand from China.
The diversified U.S. manufacturer of industrial controls, power supplies and home-storage equipment said net sales rose 1 percent to $5.61 billion from a year earlier, above the average analyst estimate of $5.55 billion.
The company's earnings rose 2 percent to $462 million, or 65 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31.
Excluding acquisition-related costs, the company earned 67 cents a share, in line with analysts' average expectation, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Emerson reaffirmmed its current-year adjusted earnings growth forecast of 4-7 percent. The company had reported adjusted earnings of $3.54 per share for 2013.
St. Louis, Missouri-based Emerson's shares closed at $64.25 on the New York Stock Exchange on Monday.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies