Emerson Electric profit rises 2 pct
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported a 2 percent rise in first-quarter profit as demand in Europe remained stagnant.
The diversified U.S. manufacturer of industrial controls, power supplies and home-storage equipment said earnings rose to $462 million, or 65 cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from $454 million, or 62 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 1 percent to $5.61 billion.
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Captain of stricken Korean ferry may not have been on bridge: investigator |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |