Genworth profit rises 24 pct due to strong U.S. mortgage business
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Life and mortgage insurer Genworth Financial Inc reported a 24 percent rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong performance in its U.S. mortgage insurance business.
Net income available to common shareholders rose to $208 million, or 41 cents per share, for the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $168 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
A recovering housing market helped the company's U.S. mortgage insurance business to post a profit of $6 million, compared to a loss of $32 million a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |