Lenovo declines comment on Sony Vaio PC buy report
HONG KONG Feb 4 (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd declined to comment on a weekend media report that the Chinese personal computer maker was in talks with Japan's Sony Corp about a possible joint venture to buy Sony's loss-making Vaio PC business overseas.
"We do not comment on market rumour or speculation," Angela Lee, director of global corporate communications at Lenovo, wrote in an emailed response to Reuters on Tuesday.
Lenovo shares earlier tumbled as much as 15.7 percent to HK$8.48 on the media report and broker downgrades after last week's announcement that Lenovo would buy Google Inc's Motorola handset division for $2.9 billion. (Reporting by Donny Kwok and Denny Thomas; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |