Lenovo declines comment on Sony Vaio PC buy report
HONG KONG Feb 4 (Reuters) - Lenovo Group Ltd declined to comment on a weekend media report that the Chinese personal computer maker was in talks with Japan's Sony Corp about a possible joint venture to buy Sony's loss-making Vaio PC business overseas.
"We do not comment on market rumour or speculation," Angela Lee, director of global corporate communications at Lenovo, wrote in an emailed response to Reuters on Tuesday.
Lenovo shares earlier tumbled as much as 15.7 percent to HK$8.48 on the media report and broker downgrades after last week's announcement that Lenovo would buy Google Inc's Motorola handset division for $2.9 billion. (Reporting by Donny Kwok and Denny Thomas; Editing by Ian Geoghegan)
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |