CAS dismisses Austrian freestyle skier's Sochi bid
SOCHI, Russia (Reuters) - The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed Austrian freestyle skier Daniela Bauer's appeal to be included in her country's Olympic team for the Sochi Games.
Bauer had argued that Austria's skiing federation and Olympic committee had discriminated against her by not including her in the team after she said she had fulfilled qualification criteria.
CAS dismissed her appeal - the first case to be heard in Sochi - but said the two Austrian sports bodies had provided insufficient published material regarding qualifications and standards which misled the athlete.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data