CORRECTED-Wal-Mart to invest C$500 mln in Canada, create 7,500 jobs
(Corrects throughout to change currency to C$ from US$)
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc said on Tuesday it would invest about C$500 million ($452 million) this year to strengthen its presence in Canada, creating more than 7,500 jobs including construction.
The investments include more than C$376 million for store projects, C$91 million for distribution networks to expand fresh food capability and C$31 million for e-commerce projects.
The company plans to complete 35 supercentre projects in Canada in the fiscal year through Jan. 31, 2015. ($1 = 1.11 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister