CORRECTED-Wal-Mart to invest C$500 mln in Canada, create 7,500 jobs
(Corrects throughout to change currency to C$ from US$)
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc said on Tuesday it would invest about C$500 million ($452 million) this year to strengthen its presence in Canada, creating more than 7,500 jobs including construction.
The investments include more than C$376 million for store projects, C$91 million for distribution networks to expand fresh food capability and C$31 million for e-commerce projects.
The company plans to complete 35 supercentre projects in Canada in the fiscal year through Jan. 31, 2015. ($1 = 1.11 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Ashutosh Pandey in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia