CORRECTED-Payroll processor ADP's profit rises 8 pct
(Corrects date of ending of fiscal quarter in second paragraph.)
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Automatic Data Processing Inc reported an 8 percent rise in quarterly profit due to higher revenue from its payroll-processing business as the U.S. job market improves.
Net earnings from continuing operations rose to $377 million, or 78 cents per share, in the second fiscal quarter, ended Dec. 31, from $352 million, or 72 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total revenue rose about 9 percent to $2.98 billion. (Reporting by Neha Dimri and Varun Aggarwal in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine