Allstate profit doubles as disaster losses decline
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Allstate Corp's quarterly profit more than doubled as disaster losses fell and the company earned higher premiums from its insurance policies.
Net income rose to $810 million, or $1.76 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $394 million, or 81 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned $1.70 per share.
Consolidated revenue rose 3 percent to $8.79 billion.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown