Allstate profit doubles as disaster losses decline
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Allstate Corp's quarterly profit more than doubled as disaster losses fell and the company earned higher premiums from its insurance policies.
Net income rose to $810 million, or $1.76 per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $394 million, or 81 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned $1.70 per share.
Consolidated revenue rose 3 percent to $8.79 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data