Disney earnings rise on ESPN growth, 'Frozen'
LOS ANGELES Feb 5 (Reuters) - Media company Walt Disney Co reported higher profit for the quarter that ended in December, boosted by growth at sports network ESPN and the strong performance of its animated hit film "Frozen."
The company posted diluted earnings per share of $1.03, according to a statement released on Wednesday. Net income for the quarter rose to $1.8 billion, a 33 percent gain from a year earlier.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials