Ex-Citi trader to run Morgan Stanley's FX electronic trading
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley has appointed Shamyl Malik, a former trader at Citibank, as executive director for FX electronic trading in London.
In a statement released late on Wednesday, Morgan Stanley said Malik will report to Giovanni Pillitteri, global head of electronic trading. Malik will run Morgan Stanley's FX electronic trading unit.
Malik was most recently head of emerging markets and precious metals electronic trading at Citibank. Previously, Malik traded FX and commodity options at UBS and Lehman Brothers.
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home