Intact Financial profit falls 40 pct
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Intact Financial Corp, Canada's largest property and casualty insurer, reported a 40 percent drop in fourth-quarter profit, hurt mainly by severe winter weather, but raised its dividend.
Toronto-based Intact said net income fell to C$107 million ($97 million), or 77 Canadian cents per share, in the quarter ended Dec. 31, from C$177 million, or C$1.29 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Intact earned C$1.05 per share.
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Weak U.S. prices, not inflation, the threat now: Fed's Yellen |