RPT-US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St hits session highs on technical bounce
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks hit session highs on Wednesday, with the Dow and S&P 500 indexes in positive territory, as the benchmark S&P bounced off a technical support level after hitting its lowest since late October.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 21.42 points or 0.14 percent, to 15,466.66, the S&P 500 gained 0.19 points or 0.01 percent, to 1,755.39 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 6.447 points or 0.16 percent, to 4,025.073.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia