Melexis fourth-quarter sales beat expectations
BRUSSELS Feb 5 (Reuters) - Belgium's Melexis, which designs chips for the automotive industry, posted fourth-quarter sales above expectations on Wednesday as it gained market share and launched new products.
Sales rose by 21 percent in the fourth quarter to 75.1 million euros ($101.46 million), more than the 71 million euros expected in a Reuters poll of four analysts and above its own guidance.
Melexis said it expected sales in the first quarter of 2014 to be in line with the fourth quarter, meaning it would generate 300 million euros of sales and a gross profit margin above 45 percent for the year as a whole. ($1 = 0.7402 euros) (Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |