Merck 4th-quarter sales just miss Wall St estimate
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Merck & Co Inc reported lower sales, just below Wall Street estimates, hurt by competition from cheaper generic medicines.
The second-biggest U.S. drugmaker said on Wednesday it earned $781 million, or 26 cents per share, in the fourth quarter. That compared with $908 million, or 30 cents per share, in the year-earlier period.
Company revenue fell 4 percent to $11.32 billion. Wall Street was expecting $11.36 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales