Radian returns to profitability as U.S. housing market recovers
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Radian Group Inc, the biggest U.S. private mortgage insurer, reported a quarterly profit as fewer homeowners defaulted on their loans in a recovering housing market.
Net profit was $36.4 million, or 19 cents per share, for the fourth quarter ended Dec.31, compared with a loss of $177.3 million, or $1.34 per share, a year earlier.
The company also posted a loss in the third quarter.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement