Time Warner revenue beats estimates
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Time Warner Inc reported a better-than-expected 5 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by growth in its Warner Bros movie studio business and premium TV service Home Box Office (HBO).
Revenue rose to $8.56 billion in the fourth quarter, from $8.16 billion a year earlier. Analysts had expected $8.39 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Time Warner's net income fell to $983 million, or $1.06 per share, from $1.11 billion, or $1.15 per share.
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- North Korea fires 25 short-range and obsolete rockets: South Korea
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season