Telecom Italia Media, L'Espresso multiplex deal seen within weeks
MILAN Feb 5 (Reuters) - Italian broadcaster Telecom Italia Media and publisher L'Espresso are expected to announce a deal that will merge their digital broadcasting assets within weeks, sources close to the matter said on Wednesday.
The combination of the two companies multiplex divisions would create a unit valued at 500 million euros ($675 million), the sources added.
"A couple of weeks are still needed, I would imagine we will need till the second half of February," one of the sources said, while another spoke of "mid month".
The companies declined to comment. ($1 = 0.7402 euros) (Reporting by Claudia Cristoferi and Cristina Carlevaro, writing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work