Deadline for Cukurova payment in row over Turkcell stake pushed back
ISTANBUL Feb 5 (Reuters) - The deadline for Turkey's Cukurova Group to pay the $1.6 billion needed to recover a disputed controlling stake in Turkey's biggest mobile phone operator Turkcell has been pushed back, a British court said on Wednesday.
The Privy Council said that the deadline would be postponed until 60 days after a ruling in a separate case being heard over the dispute between major Turkcell shareholders by the U.S. Court of Appeals in New York.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |