Disney expects second-quarter loss at interactive unit - CFO
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Walt Disney Co will report a loss in its interactive game unit in its next quarter because it won't have new games to sell, Chief Financial Officer Jay Rasulo said Wednesday during the company's earnings call with analysts.
Rasulo said the quarter would be comparable to the $54 million loss the unit reported in last year's second quarter. He did not specify the size of the loss.
Disney's interactive unit reported $55 million in operating income in the company's first quarter, ending on December 28, due to the success of its best-selling game "Disney Infinity."
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76