Sierra Wireless reports quarterly loss as expenses rise
(Reuters) - Sierra Wireless Inc (SW.TO) (SWIR.O), a Canadian producer of wireless communication equipment, reported a quarterly loss after incurring higher research and development expenses.
The company reported a net loss from continuing operations of $1.95 million, or 6 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended December 31, compared with a net profit of $15.5 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 8 percent to $118.6 million.
(Reporting By Sneha Banerjee in Bangalore; Editing by Robin Paxton)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |