Almost 1 million customers lose power in U.S. Northeast
(Reuters) - Almost a million homes and businesses were without power mostly in the U.S. Northeast on Wednesday afternoon following severe snow and ice storms overnight, according to local power companies.
The hardest hit state was Pennsylvania with over 720,000 customers out.
Other affected states were Maryland, Arkansas, New Jersey, West Virginia, Kentucky, Delaware, New York and Ohio.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee