Athenahealth profit beats estimate, shares rise
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Healthcare software company Athenahealth Inc reported a better-than-expected adjusted quarterly profit as margins expanded, sending its shares up 14 percent in extended trading.
Net income rose to $13.1 million, or 34 cents per share, in the fourth quarter from $5.9 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, Athenahealth earned 57 cents per share.
Revenue jumped 48 percent to $171.6 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 44 cents on revenue of $168.4 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N