Carlyle nears Illinois Tool Works deal worth $3 billion -sources
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Private equity firm Carlyle Group LP is nearing a deal to acquire Illinois Tool Works Inc's industrial packaging unit for more than $3 billion, according to two people familiar with the matter.
The two sides could announce an agreement as early as Thursday, the people said, asking not to be identified because the talks are confidential.
Carlyle declined to comment, while an Illinois Tool Works spokeswoman did not respond to a request for comment.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions