Kazkommertsbank expects to acquire BTA Bank stake in Q2
ALMATY Feb 6 (Reuters) - Kazkommertsbank expects to finalise the acquisition of a 46.5 percent stake in BTA Bank in the second quarter of this year, Kazkommertsbank Managing Director Sergey Mokroussov told Reuters.
A merger of the two banks is likely to happen by the end of the year, he said.
Kazkommertsbank said on Thursday it had reached a final agreement with Kazakh businessman Kenes Rakishev to each buy a 46.5 percent stake in BTA Bank from Kazakh sovereign wealth fund Samruk-Kazyna. Kazkommertsbank said it would pay $465 million for its 46.5 percent stake in BTA. (Reporting by Dmitry Solovyov; editing by Tom Pfeiffer)
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks: coastguard
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |