MYANMAR PRESS-Military to surrender over 150,000 acres of seized land - Eleven Daily
The Commander-in-Chief has approved the military's relinquishing 154,116 acres of the seized farmland, the Eleven Daily reported Deputy Defence Minister Major General Kyaw Nyunt as saying at the Parliament on Wednesday.
The military does not have any more scheme to seize land, he said, it added.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Yangon Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks