MYANMAR PRESS-Military to surrender over 150,000 acres of seized land - Eleven Daily
The Commander-in-Chief has approved the military's relinquishing 154,116 acres of the seized farmland, the Eleven Daily reported Deputy Defence Minister Major General Kyaw Nyunt as saying at the Parliament on Wednesday.
The military does not have any more scheme to seize land, he said, it added.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Yangon Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |