MYANMAR PRESS-Military to surrender over 150,000 acres of seized land - Eleven Daily
The Commander-in-Chief has approved the military's relinquishing 154,116 acres of the seized farmland, the Eleven Daily reported Deputy Defence Minister Major General Kyaw Nyunt as saying at the Parliament on Wednesday.
The military does not have any more scheme to seize land, he said, it added.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Yangon Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government