Pohjola pretax profit beats market expectations
HELSINKI Feb 6 (Reuters) - Finland's Pohjola Bank on Thursday reported a stronger-than-expected quarterly pretax profit and forecast growth in 2014.
Pohjola's fourth-quarter pretax profit was unchanged from a year earlier at 92 million euros ($124.5 million), compared to the average forecast for a decline to 81 million in a Reuters poll.
Pohjola forecast pretax profit to improve this year and its insurance business' operating combined ratio, a measure of profitability, to be around 87-91 percent in 2014 compared to around 87 percent in 2013. ($1 = 0.7390 euros) (Reporting by Ritsuko Ando, Editing by Jussi Rosendahl)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |