GUPC still in contact with Panama Canal Authority -source
MADRID Feb 6 (Reuters) - Group United for the Canal, a consortium led by Spanish builder Sacyr, is still in contact with the Panama Canal Authority over a last-ditch agreement, a consortium source said on Thursday.
The project to expand the Panama Canal, one of the world's most important shipping routes, was in doubt on Wednesday after talks between the canal administrator and the GUPC consortium fell apart.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- A plunge in U.S. preschool obesity? Not so fast, experts say