Turkish banks' 2013 net profits rise 5.1 percent - banking watchdog
ISTANBUL Feb 6 (Reuters) - The Turkish banking sector's net profits rose 5.1 percent year-on-year to 24.73 billion lira ($11.05 billion) in 2013, the banking watchdog BDDK said on Thursday.
The sector's loans rose 5.8 percent from the end of 2012 to 1,047 billion lira at the end of 2013, watchdog data showed.
($1 = 2.2386 Turkish liras) (Reporting by Ece Toksabay)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |