Ceasefire violations on Kashmir border down: India's defense minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Ceasefire violations on India's de-facto border with Pakistan have come down over the past two to three months, India's defense minister A.K. Antony told reporters at a defense exhibition on Thursday.
The nuclear-armed rivals have fought three wars since 1947, two of them over Kashmir. Both control a part of the Muslim-majority region but claim it in full.
(Reporting by Sanjeev Miglani; Editing by Jo Winterbottom)
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane