Stolen 300-year-old Stradivarius violin recovered: Milwaukee mayor
MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - A Stradivarius violin worth millions of dollars, which was stolen from a concert violinist in Milwaukee in an armed robbery last week, has been recovered, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett told a news conference on Thursday.
Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said that at least one suspect arrested in connection with the theft of the 300-year-old instrument was expected to be charged on Friday.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien; Writing by David Bailey)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets