Stolen 300-year-old Stradivarius violin recovered: Milwaukee mayor
MILWAUKEE (Reuters) - A Stradivarius violin worth millions of dollars, which was stolen from a concert violinist in Milwaukee in an armed robbery last week, has been recovered, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett told a news conference on Thursday.
Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said that at least one suspect arrested in connection with the theft of the 300-year-old instrument was expected to be charged on Friday.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien; Writing by David Bailey)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade