Texas executes woman who tortured man to death for insurance money
AUSTIN, Texas Feb 5 (Reuters) - Texas executed on Wednesday a woman convicted of leading a plot to kidnap, torture and then beat to death a mentally disabled man to collect insurance money, a prison official said.
Suzanne Basso, 59, died at 6:26 p.m. U.S. Central Time (2426 GMT) by lethal injection at the state's death chamber in Huntsville. She is 14th woman put to death in the country since the U.S. Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty in 1976. (Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Eric Walsh)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria