Chile's CFR walks away from $1.2 billion Adcock bid
JOHANNESBURG Feb 7 (Reuters) - Chile's CFR Pharmaceuticals said on Friday it would drop its $1.2 billion bid for South African drugmaker Adcock Ingram after being thwarted by Adcock's top shareholder.
CFR had offered 12.8 billion rand for South Africa's second-largest drugmaker in a bid that required approval from shareholders with 75 percent of Adcock.
Adcock shareholder Bidvest Holdings, which has opposed CFR because it wants to take control of the company, recently raised its stake to 34.5 percent.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities