Australia's Aurora surges on Baytex takeover
SYDNEY Feb 7 (Reuters) - Shares in Australia's Aurora Oil & Gas Ltd jumped by more than half on Friday after the company agreed to a takeover by Canada's Baytex Energy Corp worth $2.4 billion, including debt.
Baytex will pay A$4.10 for each share of the Perth, Australia-based oil producer, a 52 percent premium to its average price in the past week, valuing the company at A$1.84 billion ($1.65 billion).
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown