Australia's Aurora surges on Baytex takeover
SYDNEY Feb 7 (Reuters) - Shares in Australia's Aurora Oil & Gas Ltd jumped by more than half on Friday after the company agreed to a takeover by Canada's Baytex Energy Corp worth $2.4 billion, including debt.
Baytex will pay A$4.10 for each share of the Perth, Australia-based oil producer, a 52 percent premium to its average price in the past week, valuing the company at A$1.84 billion ($1.65 billion).
- U.S. pledges 3,000 troops to fight Ebola; experts say more needed
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland |
- Stocks turn higher ahead of Fed meeting, oil up