BPCE supervisory board backs Perol despite investigation
PARIS Feb 7 (Reuters) - The supervisory board of BPCE, France's second-biggest retail lender, confirmed that Chief Executive Francois Perol had been put under investigation to determine if his nomination to head the group in 2009 represented a conflict of interest.
"The supervisory board took note of this information and wanted to testify unanimously its confidence in Francois Perol," BPCE said in a statement on Friday. (Reporting by Maya Nikolaeva; Editing by James Regan)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port